I have been working as a science communicator since 2001. My Honours degree in Marine Science combined with skills in communication design bring a unique perspective to any project. More than just a graphic designer, I understand the science and can guide you in how best to communicate complex scientific results to a broad audience.
Tools and software I will use for your project include:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML and CSS coding
- Range of open source and commercial content management systems for website development (Drupal, Wordpress, Plone, DotNetNuke, and many others)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- any others - I enjoy learning and using new and different tools to best deliver any project
Hodge Environmental is a consultancy providing high quality science communication products, tools and advice, taking pride in the professional and personal support offered to each client. With over 10 years experience in science analysis and design, Hodge Environmental is well positioned to provide science communication services including:
- science communication advice
- scientific graphics development
- document layout and production
- website design
- project management
what can we deliver to suit your needs?
- Graphics for journal articles including graphs, maps and methods diagrams
- Print and online Newsletters to reach a wide audience
- Scientific reports, including supporting graphics
- Animated powerpoint presentations to stand out in the crowd
- Stimulating posters for conferences and events
- Online communication tools, including websites, graphics and documents
- Advice and project management
We can assist and advise you on which communication products best suit your needs and how best to get your message across. While specialising in the production of graphics, supporting text is critical to any product and we can assist in the development of all content.
Please see Portfolio for a full outline of past works.